Saturday, June 6, 2009

Honey Bee Honey Bee Fly Away Home...

So for those of you who don't know... I am a "honeybee" for the Salt Lake Bees baseball team. (awesome title, I know) I basically work the promotions at the games, a few parades and community events, and we sometimes tumble on the field. Yay!
Well the Bees just finished up an 8 game home stand yesterday and I was at 7 of the 8 games. I feel like I live there after day 3. And although the home stand was crazy, Codee and I had some fun nights at the ball park. The first night I didn't work but Codee and I took our friends Lance and Amy to the game which was followed by some awesome fireworks! Game 2 of the home stand was a double header... 9 hours at the ballpark. (LONG day) Game 3 was REALLY FUN! It was DOG DAY!!! I wasn't working so we took Togo, which was his 2nd baseball game ever. His first game was an Angels game in Anaheim when I was living in L.A. last summer. He had so much fun at the game! I bought him a little baseball jersey to wear. My friend Monica (fellow honeybee) brought her dog Rico dressed in a hot dog costume so Togo was excited to see his friend. Togo also went up on the dugout for a "Dog Show Contest" and he won! I think his cast gave him pity points. Game 4... not much to say. Game 5, Codee couldn't come. He comes to all the games that I work. But the game had a 2 hour rain delay and I didn't get to leave until midnight. :( So I guess it's a good thing he didn't come. Game 6 I worked and game 7 was my only night away from the Bees. And finally game 8... also a firework night. I worked with my sister Natalie. Codee threw a bachelor party for this brother who is getting married next week so he had all the guys come the game. The game was so packed and went into 11 innings! We finally won with an RBI from Ryan Budde. Followed by more amazing fireworks and million kids running the bases after that. So there's our past week... Go Bees! Now this Honeybee is going to fly away home...
Uncle Bret and Togo watching the game...
Monica and Rico

No comments:

Post a Comment