Sunday, November 4, 2012

November

I've said it before and I'll say it again. "I'm going to to start blogging more." Well here it's November and my last post is from March. I really do want to blog more. I miss writing. I miss the outlet. And I haven't scrapbooked in forever so I need to make sure I'm writing life down because it's going by way too fast.

We've officially put off buying a home for at least 6 more months. Our rent was drastically increasing every month because we were out of contract and with the holidays approaching we didn't want to move into a house in the middle of all of it. We resigned the lease on apartment on Wednesday. It was a little bittersweet. Since April, I've spent around 2 hours a day looking for houses and it's been really weird to just stop cold turkey. We put our first offer on a house the end of May and by the end of October we had submitted a total of 9, maybe 10 offers, I can't remember anymore. And for some reason it just never worked out. I only cried over 2 houses and it was at my point of total frustration and over houses that I really wanted. So we'll start looking again in the spring. Aside from frustration and wasted time I really am grateful that we do have a roof over our head and a place to call home. I know I will be sad when we move one day because it's been so fun having our first place. And let's face it- I'm seriously going to need therapy when I'm not a 60 second walk from Target and Cafe Rio.

Moving on... We had a HUGE accomplishment in our house this week. After 2 years of training... Zola can finally rollover! Here's the proof!
 

In other news... Codee has become a piece of furniture in our dining room. He is glued to his books every night! I will be so glad when his junior year is over! But I'll even more happy when he graduates in a year and half.  ;)
 
Blogger won't upload my photo of him studying  :( 
 
As for me... it's busy season at The Wood Connection so I'm spending 50-60 hours a week at work. And I'm still doing monthly segments on KUTV's Fresh Living. Here's one of our recent segments that was one of my favorites.
 
This Way To Halloween | KUTV.com#.UGtZrYrh0KY.blogger

So we'll see how long I can keep us this blogging streak. Let's hope it's longer than just one post every 8 months.

1 comment:

  1. Have you looked into building? That is what we have done twice now! I wouldn't do it any other way! And you controll more what you get and how much you spend!

    ReplyDelete