Sunday, March 17, 2013

Cooking School

Pho- pronounced "fu"... yeah like the beginning of the F word is a "a Vietnamese dish consisting of broth, noodles made from rice, a few herbs, and meat. It is a popular street dish, and the specialty of several restaurant chains. The two main varieties are chicken pho and beef pho.

Last week we took a cooking class at the new Harmon's in City Creek with a group of our friends. Let me start by telling you that I'm not a big fan of Asian food since my food poisoning hospitalization my senior year of high school. I'll never be able to eat at P.H. Changs again...

I've only had pho one other time and I only drank the broth- basically beef broth. But since we were cooking with friends and paid a lot of money for the class I had to give Asian food another chance. I'm not going to walk you through the process but it took over 2 hours and 10 people later we had a pretty good meal. I'll never make it at home or order it at a restaurant but it made for a fun date night. Along with the pho we made papaya salad and fresh spring rolls. If you haven't been to the new Harmon's it's definitely worth the trip.


Codee and the boys rolling up the spring rolls. And cute Tam and Dave washing up.

 
Our friend Aaron (the pho-king) who just graduated from culinary school was our chef. Doesn't it look delish?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment